Monday, September 3, 2012

23 Random Facts About Me

This past June, I turned 23. Yes, I am indeed that old. I decided to take this blog post and list 23 random facts about myself, since I never really introduced myself like all these other blogs I read now. So, here goes...

1. I REALLY am 23. That means, that when I go to Wal-Mart and buy an R-rated movie, you don't need to card me. I'm older than 17 people. You're just embarrasing yourself when you ask me to show you my ID.

2. I had two older twin brothers who died as infants. One was stillborn, the other died about three months after he was born. They would be 26 now if they were still alive. But since my Mom and Dad only wanted two kids, if they were alive, I probably wouldn't be here. You wouldn't be reading this blog.

3. When I was in high school, I participated in one sport: Track. I have great respect for anybody who can run Track (I couldn't). I'm not that athletic, and I'm guessing thats why Track seems like one sport too many in high school.

4. I have an exceptionally good memory...for pointless information. On a good day, I can tell you what movie was playing at the theater a year ago. Sometimes longer.

5. I like to read... A LOT! Regular readers of my blog already know this, but I figured I'd share it with you here anyway. I mostly like the 'Urban Fantasy' or 'Thriller' genres.

6. At home, I talk to myself quite frequently. Some people would say I'm crazy. I say it's because its the only intellegent conversation I can have on some days.

7. I'm not a night person. Never have been. This past year I didn't even stay up until midnight on New Years Eve. The main reason for not staying up late, however, is...

8. My social life sucks. My old friends from High School only want to go drinking. The people I call friends now probably think I'm just an acquaintance, but whatever.

9. Thanks to the Creative Writing class I took in my Senior year, I found I have a talent for poetry. I just need to find someone to read it now...

10. Besides poetry, I also write longer stories/novels. I'm currently sitting on a manuscript for a novel, but haven't worked up the courage to send it off yet to a publisher. Maybe I will, someday soon.

11. Ever since i got my job at the theater, I've had a great love for movies. I have seen so many movies that were better than I thought they'd be, and I've seen a bunch that were, in the words of Stephen King: "Cinematic Dog Vomit."

12. I don't eat Pizza or drink Pop. I know. There's something wrong with me. Believe me, I've heard it many times.

13. I've had nine stitches in my life. Four under my eye from a barbed wire fence, and five down my forehead from a car door. That's right, I have a scar on my forehead. I guess I must be Harry Potter. :p

14. Speaking of Harry Potter, I loathe the 3rd, 4th, and 5th Harry Potter movies, because in my opinion, they're horrible adaptions. The 5th movie especially pisses me off, but we won't get into that.

15. Also about Mr. Potter, When I was younger, it took me nearly two months to read the first Harry Potter book. When the seventh book came out, I read it in two days. Somewhere along the line, I became a faster reader.

16. I grow a garden, but my garden mostly consists of green beans because they're really easy to grow. Hey, I didn't say I was an expert.

17. I don't enjoy Public Speaking. It's not really my thing. Obviously, they hated me in school because they put me in the Public Speaking class my senior year. With no other place to go, I was stuck. Yep, they hated me at Central.

18. When I was younger and stupider, My cousin and i got the genius stupid idea to try to play Quiditch (yes, another Harry potter reference) on bicycles. It didn't quite work. Who'd have thought throwing a ball at eachother while riding a bike would be dangerous?

19. Abed Nadir is my role model. No, I don't care if he's just a character from a TV show. (A very funny TV show called "Community." More on that in a future post.)

20. I collect rocks. Yes, you read correctly. Rocks. Don't be hatin'. Don't forget that with said rocks, I can stone my haters to death. (Not that i would do that, but you know what I mean.)

21. I do this little thing once a year called the Epic Quest. It's pretty much just a hike through the woods near my house with others I don't know all that well, but it's a good way to get to know people.

22. Music wise, I used to only listen to country music. (Yes, I'm one of 'those' people) In the last few years, however, I've really opened up to other kinds of music. I'm not really as picky anymore.

23. I still don't really know if people are really reading this blog. That's what the comments section is for! Let me know what you think people, or if theres anything you think I should ramble on about.

Until Next Time...:)
W.

No comments:

Post a Comment