Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Tales of Terror #1: 'Losing Control'...Happy Halloween!

Hey all! First off, I want to thank all of you for bringing my blog past the 500 page view mark! You're all so awesome, and I hope you continue checking in to my blog regularly!! :)

So, it's nearly Halloween, and I was trying to decide what to share with you all for the spookiest holiday of the year. I had a few options, but finally decided to share a werewolf story (if you can call it that) that I wrote back in May. It is a little grotesque, just a warning. Here we go!

LOSING CONTROL by W.

I knew it was going to happen, but it came on faster than it ever has before. I looked out my window just as the sun set, and knew it was too late to get to my safe zone, so I locked my doors tight and prayed they would hold.

I'd recieved the bite ten years ago, and had struggled with it ever since. A couple of years ago, I had established a safe zone in the woods a mile out of town, so that my bloodlust would only be quenched by feeding on animals. Humans would be spared.

The rising moon glowed brightly: a large orb in the sky, whispering to my inner beast; calling forth her hound.

The light of the full moon is always the first thing to get to me. It burns brightly in my eyes, and continues to increase in radiance as my eyes begin to change.

The blue of my eyes bleeds away, and the dark shade of blood takes its place in my iris'. My pupils widen and grow rounder, the humanity slowly dissolving from my gaze.

I howl in sheer agony as my teeth lengthen into fangs. I taste the copper of my blood, as my new fangs slip into my still human lips.

My bloodlust awakens, but I try not to give into it yet. I move quickly around the house, turning off lights and other electronic devices.

I throw my cell phone on the table as well as my wallet. Soon, the tattered remains of my clothes will join them.

I fall to the ground in new agony, as my hands and feet grow long claws. My shoes explode off of my now large feet; my socks are like cloth bracelets.

I struggle to my feet, back hunched. I can't control it much longer. The taste of blood has only strengthened my appetite, and my limbs shake uncontrollably as the cravings run rampant within me.

I hear a knock on the door, and roll myself over on my back. One lone light remains lit. My groans of pain have reached outsiders ears. They think I'm having a seizure. They will bust down the doors to come to my aid.

"NO!" I try to shout, but my voice box has been stretched. All that comes out is a growl: a growl of agony, mixed with hunger.

My now longer ears hear their cries. They scream my name as I continue to fight with the beast inside of me. I cannot let them break down the door. It will mean their death...

It will mean my satisfied appetite. I give in to the beast, and let it take full control of me. There's no fighting it now.

My clothes tear off my body as hair grows everywhere. My face redesigns itself into a snout. My mouth opens wide: a large, gaping maw.

I stand rigidly on my paws, and see everything in a new light. This isn't my home. It's a prison, and I must be free.

I hear the door being kicked in and I run through the house to the door, arriving as it opens. They've no idea what they are dealing with.

I growl loudly and launch myself at them; tearing the first mans throat out cleanly. His blood rains on me like a cleansing shower. As he spasms on the ground, I turn and tear the other man in half.

This process takes maybe ten seconds.

The two men, or whats left of them, lay dead on my doorstep. I should feel remorse; they were only trying to help me.

That thought dissolves quickly. A monster does not feel remorse, only hunger. I howl to the full moon above me, and rush down the streets of the town. The night has just begun...

The End...


There you have it, I know it's not much, but tell me what you thought of it anyway. Please and Thanks. And may you all Have a Happy Halloween!

Until Next Time...:)
W.

No comments:

Post a Comment