Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Legend of the Fedora

Hey all!
One thing I'm always complemented on at work is my hat. I wear it every night at work. It's become a part of me.

Now, most of you (my readers) know me personally. Now, how many of you have actually seen me without my hat???

Not too many of you, huh?

Well thats cool. To be perfectly honest, I look kind've scary without the hat. So, there's the main reason I wear a hat: to cover the hair. The curly hair. The snarly (hey, its a word my grandma uses when she cuts my hair) hair.

So, anyway, I wear hats to work, and to almost everywhere else I go. Obviously, when I was in school, a hat was out of the question. I was scolded for wearing a stocking cap in school. When I was ten feet from the door going outside. When it was like 10 degrees out. And they wonder why kids get sick and stay home from school.

Anyway, I'd worked at the theater for about a year or so, and I decided it was time to find myself a new hat. Something different than the traditional baseball cap style I usually wore.

A trip to Target led me to buy my first fedora.

Obviously, this is a google image, but it is the closest image I could find to my original hat. I started wearing this nearly everywhere. Except to the bank. It looked too much like the hat Johnny depp wore in 'Public Enemies.' I don't need people thinking I'm going to rob a bank.

Eventually, another trip to Target, plus urging from a co-worker, led me to buy the hat I currently wear today:

I enjoy wearing my fedora to work, and to other places. I only wish I had one closer to the fedora that made all fedoras famous: Indiana Jones' fedora. That, my readers, would be truly awesome!

Until Next Time...:)
W.

No comments:

Post a Comment