Saturday, November 24, 2012

Turkeys: A Rant on Animated Movies

Happy Thanksgiving everybody! Yes, I know that Thanksgiving is over, but I've had this post planned for a little while now, and just didn't get it finished until now. Besides, this is my blog, and if I want to blog about Thanksgiving, I damn sure will! :p

Anywho. Today, I'm going to tell you all about the downfall(?) of animated movies as a whole. Let me begin by saying that not all animated movies are in this catergory (There are good ones), but the bad seems to exceed the good lately.

Look no further than the animated movie announced only a few short weeks ago. The film is called 'Turkeys.' (Hence, the title of this blog post.) To sum up the synopsis of this film, which will be released in 2014, two turkeys are tired of being hunted every year at Thanksgiving, so they travel back in time to get turkey off the menu for good.

.......

.......

.......

TIME TRAVELING TURKEYS?!?!?!?!?!?!?

What the hell is that all about? Is that seriously the best concept they could come up with?

Like I said, Animation has been going downhill. For every 'UP' there is a "Gnomeo and Juliet.' For every 'Wall-E', there is a 'Smurfs.'

I know its not the studios fault. Animated movies are a hot commodity. They make studios a lot of money.

But Time Traveling Turkeys?!?!?!?

That seems like a bit of a stretch. Yes, I know movies are a way of escaping real life, but still, they can try to make a little bit of sense.

Anyway,only time will tell if 'Turkeys' will be a hit. Until then, I'll most likely continue to imagine one thing...

TIME TRAVELING TURKEYS?!?!?!

Until Next Time...:)

W.

No comments:

Post a Comment