Thursday, September 19, 2013

Falling Into Fall

Well, summer is just about over officially, and 2013 draws one step closer to its conclusion. It's been quite a year so far, and with just over three months to go, could still become even more interesting.

I' feel bad that I've really let this blog fall to the wayside. Hopefully, I'll get back in the habit of regular updates. I've got some blog ideas, I just haven't taken the time to write them out.

But today, we're talking Fall.

Fall is easily one of the best times of the year. Nature is oh so pretty with all the colored leaves, and harvest rolls around with food like apples, squash, potatoes, etc. being brought in for the winter.

This weekend, my family is making our annual trip to Gays Mills to pick apples. We have trees of our own, but the apples usually aren't all that great for anything. We found a decent tree on our hillside this year, but we're not quite sure what kind of apples they are. They taste fine, but they don't seem to last very long. :/

Other than the harvest, TV starts to get good again. Now, I followed America's Got Talent all summer, (FORTE got robbed!) but the fall is when all the scripted shows get going. I'm really looking forward to NBC's 'The Blacklist' and, of course, ABC's 'MARVEL: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' And I'm also going to stick with NBC's 'Revolution.' Hopefully, the show is just as good as it was last year, but I guess we'll see.

And Hollwood has begun to unleash the 'Oscar-Bait' Movies!!!! I'll be seeing 'The Butler' soon, as well as 'Rush,' Prisoners,' 'Gravity,' and 'Captain Phillips.' All five of these are pretty much guaranteed Oscar buzz, but it's still really too early to tell.

So, that's my Fall! :) I leave you now with a self-written poem about Fall:

There's some shiny apples
hanging high up in the tree.
Different colored leaves are falling
down around you and me.
The vines are full of pumpkins.
The air is getting cool.
Downtown, they have already
pulled the plug and drained the pool.
Schools are back in session
much to the kids dismay.
But every Friday night's a party
at the football game.
Everybody's celebrating
from the short to tall.
Summer may be over,
but now, it is the Fall.

Until Next Time...:)
W.

No comments:

Post a Comment