Sunday, April 28, 2013

Best Advice from Country Songs You've Never Heard

Hello all! Today, I'm going to talk Inspirational Quotes...from country music songs...that you've probably NEVER heard!! Obviously, I don't really know if you know these songs or not. I'm assuming that many of you won't, as most of them were not big radio hits. If you do know them, great! If not, you soon will. :)

#1. Let your heart break some rules.
Song: 'That's Cool' by Blue County.
If I had to sum this one up, it's just a fancy way of saying take a chance on love. I really like how they sing it in the song: 'Living in a moment/that you might never see again/let your heart/break some rules/now that's cool.'
It's really a (pardon the pun) "cool" song. Lot's of memorable lines in the lyrics, but this one just really sticks with you.

#2. It's not where you've been, it's where you're going.
Song: 'Where You're Going' by Jimmy Wayne.
As Jimmy sings in the refrain: 'It's not where you've been, it's where you're going./It's not who you were back then, it's who you are at this moment.' This statement rings so much truth. People judge others on who they used to be, but in some cases that isn't a fair judgement. To quote another country song: Some people change. Get over yourselves, and don't pretend you know someone now just because you knew them then.

#3. Don't take for granted a single breath of this life.
Song: 'Long After I'm Gone' by Big Kenny.
Big Kenny of Big & Rich released a solo albumn, and 'Long After I'm Gone' was the lone charting single. That's really too bad, because the albumn is a nice blend of music. Even though this quote is kind've taken out of context, I look at it as a different way of saying 'You Only Live Once.'

#4. If you love them, tell them so.
Song:'Don't Ask Me How I Know' by Bobby Pinson.
This is THE advice song. I could've picked a lot of the lines, but this one is the most obvious and important of them.

That's just a few examples for you all. I hope you'll look these songs up and give them a chance!

Until Next Time...:)

W.

No comments:

Post a Comment