Monday, March 25, 2013

The Top 20 Movies from 2012!!!

Here it is everyone! My annual list of the best movies of the year that has passed. Yes, I know I'm a little late with the list this year, so I apologzie for that. But enough delays, here we go!!!

20. SEVEN PSYCHOPATHS- This movie really surprised me when I saw it this past fall. It was funny, violent, and just plain crazy! I highly recommend this for people who like movies that are just plain different.
Now Available on DVD.

19. PITCH PERFECT-Probably one of the biggest surprises I got this year when watching a movie was this acapella comedy. By all reasoning, I should hate this movie, but the great music and huge laughs make it one of the years best.
Now Available on DVD.

18. THE CABIN IN THE WOODS-The other big surprise I got this year was from this movie. I'm not really a fan of horror, but after much pressuring from my co-workers, I gave this one a try, and it did not disappoint. Not really a horror movie, but a fun ride nonetheless.
Now Available on DVD.

17. JACK REACHER-Tom Cruise usually is an up-and-down subject with me. Some of his movies were great! (Mission Impossible:Ghost Protocol) Others, not so much. (Knight and Day) So I entered Jack Reacher with much trepidation. The result? A high-octane thrill ride, and a new series of books I can read. :)
Available on DVD on May 7th.

16. WRECK-IT RALPH-The animated feature that should have won the oscar. The 3D was spectacular, and the story was heartwarming and funny.
Now Available on DVD.

15. ABRAHAM LINCOLN: VAMPIRE HUNTER-History's greatest mash-up was a gloriously violent vampire film. And I freaking loved every minute of it! :)
Now Available on DVD.

14. THE HUNGER GAMES-Book-to-movie adaptions usually are a let down. This movie broke the trend for me. This is one of the best book-to-movie adaptions ever. And they give you all the info you need. You don't have to read the book to understand the movie.
Now Available on DVD.

13. LES MISERABLES-I'm not usually a huge fan of musicals. Going in, I had no idea what to really expect from this movie. I didn't know the story, so it was all new to me. I walked out a huge fan of this movie, and it's live-singing performances only enhances it even more.
Now Available on DVD.

12. SAFETY NOT GUARANTEED-One of two movies on this list that some of you may not have heard of, and that's a shame. This comedy/drama, indie film is one of the most original movies I've seen this past year. And if you like time-travel, this one is for you.
Now Available on DVD.

11. THE DARK KNIGHT RISES-I've talked about this movie enoguh before. The conclusion to Christopher Nolan's Batman trilogy was a good film, but didn't live up to 'The Dark Knight' from 2008.
Now Available on DVD.

10. THE LORAX-I grew up on 'The Lorax.' When I first heard they were making a full-length feature, I was a little skeptical. Would this movie ruin the vision of Dr. Seuss?
Turns out, I had nothing to worry about. 'The Lorax' was the MOST fun I've had at an animated movie this year, and the message is still just as important as ever.
Now Available on DVD.

9. MOONRISE KINGDOM-We all remember our first love, but I can guarantee none of us took them as far as 'Moonrise Kingdom' goes. This love story between two young people is heartwarming and funny, and well worth a watch.
Now Available on DVD.

8. LOOPER-I freaking love Sci-Fi Movies, and when an original idea comes along, it usually piques my interest. This was the case with Looper, which proves the point that you don't need a huge production budget to make an entertaining Sci-Fi/Action film.
Now Available on DVD.

7. DJANGO UNCHAINED-Quentin Tarantino's best movie to date. Christoph Waltz is hysterical, as is Samuel L. Jackson. Word of note: It is extremeley violent, so if that's not your thing, you better pass on this one.
Available on DVD on April 9th.

6. LINCOLN-Daniel Day Lewis stars as the 16th president as he attempts to abolish slavery. It could have been really boring, but instead is an interesting look into the life of Abraham Lincoln.
Available on DVD on March 26th.

5. SKYFALL-The ultimate James Bond film. It only took 50 years to make this movie, but it is so well done and well paced that it hardly matters. I only hope it doesn't take another 50 years to top it. Keep up the good work, Hollywood!
Now Available on DVD.

4. SILVER LININGS PLAYBOOK-A movie that is really for everyone. It's a comedy. It's a drama. It's a sports movie. It's a triumph!
Available on DVD on April 30th.

3. ARGO-The true story of the CIA's most outrageous mission is one of the best edge-of-your-seat thrillers in quite some time. It's also easily one of the best films of the year. Well worthy of it's best picture win.
Now Available on DVD.

2. LIFE OF PI-The most visually-arresting movie since Avatar. I didn't get a chance to see it in 3D, but I know it would have been a real treat. Besides visuals, the story is an interesting and exciting adventure.
Now Available on DVD.

1. THE AVENGERS-Was there any doubt that this would be my number one movie for the year? When I first saw this back in May, I knew immediately that it would be my top for the year. Nothing can beat it. It's sheer epicness still crosses my mind all the time, and I really need to find time to watch it again.
Now Available on DVD.

Well, there you have it. As always, I'm sure some of you, my readers, will let me know that I screwed up on some choices or placements. You do every year, and I look forward to your opinions, just leave them below in the comment box. :)

Until Next Time...:)

W.

No comments:

Post a Comment