Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Squeaky Rocker Bench Kind of Night

Early last summer, we bought a rocker bench for our porch. I'd never really spent much time on said bench, because of my work schedule and what not. However, my evening was free, and I had nothing to do, so I grabbed a book and decided to lounge on it for a while.
I'd just checked out a book from the library earlier today and hadn't yet had a chance to start reading it, so I flipped it open and soon was immersed in the book, rocking back and forth as I flipped through the pages.
Now, I'd heard some complaints from other members of my family that the bench was a little squeaky, but having never spent much time in said bench, I didn't believe them. I do now.
The squeaking didn't really annoy me though. It kind've added to the sheer enjoyment of my book ("Gideon's Sword" by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child for those of you who want to know). Also, the sound of the bench blended fairly well with the chirping crickets and the slight breeze. For a short while, it was pure heaven...
Then it got dark and with no light on the porch, I had to stop reading.
But I'm not really disappointed with that anyway. We've been busy with baling hay on the farm right now, and needless to say, it is not my favorite job. However, I now have something to look forward to when the evening rolls around. :)
Until next time :)
W.

No comments:

Post a Comment